1) Marilyn and Billy met as members of singing group, The Versatiles, which eventually changed its name to The 5th Dimension
2) Marilyn and Billy’s first #1 hit—with the 5th Dimension—was a showtune cover: The group’s 1969 medley of “Aquarius” and “Let the Sun Shine In”
3) Marilyn and Billy were the first African-American couple ever to host a network television series.
4) Marilyn and Billy’s biggest hit as a duo, “You Don’t Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)” was performed on two television shows other than their own:
—”The Brady Bunch Variety Hour”, sung by Barry Williams (Greg) and Geri Reischl (second string Jan)
—”Good Times”, sung by Janet Jackson (Penny) and Ralph Carter (Michael)
5) Marilyn and Billy’s 1977 single “My Reason to be is You” was co-written by Judy Wieder, later the first female editor of The Advocate.
6) Whitney Houston’s smash hit “Saving All My Love For You” was actually a cover version; the song was first released as a single by Marilyn and Billy in 1978.
7) Marilyn replaced host Dionne Warwick on the syndicated TV music series, “Solid Gold”; her co-host was Andy Gibb, kid brother of the Bee Gees.
8) This past June, Billy celebrated his 8oth birthday.
9) Marilyn and Billy played Jamie’s prospective parents-in-law on “The Jamie Foxx Show.”
10) Next July, Marilyn and Billy will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary—they’ve been performing together for three years longer than that!